Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How many of you are mechanical engineers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I shared with my kids and now my grandkids. You can go to college and if you do plan on a degree in a field that actually pays. Next, do not feel obligated to go to college but if not look long and hard at the trades. Like I mentioned earlier, have you ever called a plumber on a Sunday? For the most part people are paid what they are worth to an employer. My degree was not what made me money during my career. I made it a point to learn everything about the product we made and all of our systems. Nobody is indispensable but make yourself valuable to your employer.

Here in the US in the trades a journeyman status depends on the state you are in. Not just state but sometimes it changes by location within a state.

Ron

Nobody is indispensable but make yourself valuable to your employer.
One of the best things you could do.

And, no matter what, when a new activity, unknown to everyone is attempted, try to be the first at it. For some time after, you could be the most experienced guy of the group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back