Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How i can rotate stepper motor 180 degree angle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyamal

Now i want to rotate my motor 180 degree angle. How can i do using 4017 counter and clock pulse. I see that for 48 pulse motor rotate 360 degree angle. So if i can give 24 pulse clock wise and another 24 pulse anti clock wise. Then motor will rotate anti clock wise & again anti clock wise. In which configuration i use? Can i use two 4017 counter for this?

The 4017 is a decade counter decoder that sequentially counts up and only up for the positive going transitions of the incoming clock pulses. I do not see it working well for your application. Next, you mention nothing about what you plan to use for a stepper motor driver or the motor current? You should be looking at stepper motor drivers.

Ron

Again, the 4017 is not likely to work. You have not answered any of the questions I asked. Motor current? Link to the motor? Any plans for a stepper driver? How about speed as in how fast should it slew?

Ron

Sorry,
I am using L293D motor driver ic for motor current. I can very clock pulse 1 to 10Hz so my motor speed could be changed. In this time my motor is rotating only clock wise direction. But i want to rotate anti clock wise direction with one. I want to rotate is 180 degree angle.
just i need help in which mechanism will be applied that motor rotate forward and reverse direction.

Search the web for stepper motor drive schematics. There should be many out there.

It appears that it constantly scans. I have printed a circuit, (with the help of other members() that you push a button, goes to limit switch, then returns to home position. Is it alright to use limits or do you need to operate strictly by pulse numbers, If you can use photo-detector or micro switch and s-r latch to rotate and and s-r latch to start and stop system. so when each limit is reached it either sets or resets the latch to 0 0r 1. If you use puses the problem I see is you still need a home limit switch to reset the system, say you powered off in the middle of cycle the stepper will have no idea where it is? or you could use mechanical stop I suppose? p.s I did modify the origanal design, only by adding to it....

so on an original note...... I see no reason why you cannot use the IC you specified by putting them in series...... then at the end of each cycle switch the next the next one on, then the next one, then switch states, hten cycle again.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back