Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does this circuit work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syafiq

Hi

How does this Switch Capacitor Filter circuit work? I am a bit confused by the way it operates. Thanks!

Attachments

• scfp.PNG
    scfp.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 178
Hi

How does this Switch Capacitor Filter circuit work? I am a bit confused by the way it operates. Thanks!
Mee too! But aren't they manual (analog) input and feedback switch with decoupling capacitor? hehehe

None of the Switched capacitor Filter articles I found in Google has the schematic you showed.

Here is the schematic of the filter in an actual IC and shown in nearly all articles about it in Google:

Attachments

• switched capacitor filter.png
    switched capacitor filter.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 183
No wonder it's confusing. Your circuit is not the same as the circuit in the article.

No.
It is exactly the same circuit except two of his switches are turned on.
So the circuit in the article is correct right? But why are all his switches turned on? In my circuit, there are 2 pairs of switches "phi1" and "phi2". They are controlled by a non-overlapping clock hence when "phi1" is on, "phi2" is off.

So the circuit in the article is correct right? But why are all his switches turned on? In my circuit, there are 2 pairs of switches "phi1" and "phi2". They are controlled by a non-overlapping clock hence when "phi1" is on, "phi2" is off.
All the switches in the article are turned off (open) to show that they are switches and not continuous wires. I agree with you that they should be switched in pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back