Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does Igor shf-56 decode the incoming signal from girder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karanghost

I am making a project which is a remote controlled device. the project requires me to build an IR transmitter using ATMEGA16 microcontroller. I have been transferring codes via an LED to the receiver ( which works fine with all other remote controls) the codes are similar to the Phillips remote control model. I am unable to receive the same code for each same signal i send from the TX. Girder uses the plugin Igor SHF56 . Girder decodes the received command into a 4 digit hexadecimal code (which gives a random code for the same transmitted signal) ........now since it receives and decodes codes from all remote controls it means that the number of bits of data being decoded is the same (14 bit most probably) (because it gives the same output for a single button for each remote i ve used). I understand that perhaps my TX might not be working and i will check it on an oscilloscope, but if someone can help me out with the decoding algorithm of the Igor SHF56 or Girder then please help me if u know. it will make programming much easier for me. Is there an alternative software that I can use that has an evident method of decoding?

Have you seen Phillips RC5 infrared remote protocol page
**broken link removed**
You need to understand how data is transmitted then you can understand how it is decoded.

If I get it right you input device feeds a signal of this type to the PC serial port. There the plugin converts it to the hex equiv.

The two ways to decode such a signal come to mind.

The first is to sample at 1/4 and 3/4 bit. HiLo is a zero LoHi is a one.

The other way is to measure how long each Hi or Lo section is. You can then write code to translate that to bits and then to your hex digits.

Both of the above have to deal with the start sequences. Note the toggle bit, the same key does not send the same signal every time.

But I do not think you need to go there yet. There is a good chance that you are sending the wrong codes or the right codes at the wrong rate.

If you can get your hands on a RC5 remote you could compare its output to yours using the scope. There are some x-in-one and other universal remotes out there that can stand in for most remotes. Handy to have when doing this sort of thing.

I was having a bit of trouble following you post, HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back