Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Do You Upload Wavefroms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownOut

Banned
I see many peple uploading their LT Spice models along with the simulation wavefroms? When I save a project, I only get the circuit diagram. How do you upload the diagram AND the waves? Do you use "print to file"?

I'm new to LT Spice. I ran the old text based spice throughout college and grad school. But as I've been doing my design in VHDL, I didn't have much use for Spice for the last 15 or 16 years. I'm just beginning to get back to basics. Apologies if this info is covered elsewhere on this site.

Last edited:
LTSpice has a "save the plot window" function.

To save a simple circuit simulation and its associated plot, I just maximize the LTSpice window on the screen. I keep adding traces and/or multiple plot panes to show the relevant outputs of the circuit. I then hit "Control Print Screen" Windows function. That copies the screen dump to the clipboard. I then open IrfanView, and do a Paste. I stretch a box around just the plot pane and circuit, and then Save As a JPG. The JPG is what I upload to the forum...

Look at this from a previous post:

Attachments

• 6VCutOff.jpg
    6VCutOff.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 156
You can simply press Prt Scr - the print screen key - and then paste it into your favourite image editor. I'll do it now. This enables you to attach any image that you can display.

Mike.
I chopped it down so it wasn't too big.

Attachments

• prtscr.png
    prtscr.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 179
Thanks guys. I tried it using MS Paint, but the JPEG image didn't come out so good. Guss I'll have to check out Infanview, or try Photoshop. I'll keep experimenting till I get it.

Saving a schematic as a JPG file type usually results in a fuzzy image.
I save schematics and LT Spice screen dumps as a very clear GIF or PNG file type instead.

Attachments

• fuzzy JPG file type again.PNG
    fuzzy JPG file type again.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 138
Saving a schematic as a JPG file type usually results in a fuzzy image.
I save schematics and LT Spice screen dumps as a very clear GIF or PNG file type instead.

I'll give that a try. My JPEG was a little fuzzy, but my wavefrom was almost too dim to see.

Attachments

• SineConv.JPG
    SineConv.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I use png for computer generated images and jpg for actual pictures.

Mike.

If you resize the window before pressing prt scr then it comes out better.

Edit, that looks like the image software you used messed it up.

Edit2, You still saved it as a jpg - try png.

Mike.

Last edited:
If you resize the window before pressing prt scr then it comes out better.

Edit, that looks like the image software you used messed it up.

Edit2, You still saved it as a jpg - try png.

Mike.

Oh I know, this is the "before" image :)

Last edited:
I click on the plot window, then select 'Copy bitmap to clipboard" from the tools menu, paste it into MS Paint and save as a PNG or GIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back