Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you make IOT project using Pi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

Hi
I tried to make a simple IOT project using raspberry . I was trying to turn on/off light bulb in home using web browser in local network but I did not succeed.
I thought I should first learn how others make IOT project using raspberry board. What do you use in programming part (language & server). Have you made a any project on IOT using raspberry and what tool did you used in your project.

Go to youtube and search for Raspberry Pi IOT. There are videos showing how to do it.

I'm currently using a wemos mini board as a server it serves up a web page that request temperature and humidity from a DHT22 device attached to the wemos. Google wemos spiffs server.

Mike.

I'm currently using a wemos mini board as a server it serves up a web page that request temperature and humidity from a DHT22 device attached to the wemos. Google wemos spiffs server.

Mike.
Hey Pommie, Thanks but I am looking for raspberry right now. have done worked with raspberry ?

Go to youtube and search for Raspberry Pi IOT. There are videos showing how to do it.
I have seen the video on you tube and after watching I tried to make real project but I am facing with many issues I don't find complete information in any one video.

Have you worked for iot project using Pi. if you have worked then what was your project?

I started out watching videos on Web Servers. (Raspberry Pi 3).
Do not watch any old videos. Things have changed. I tried to only watch 1 year old and less videos. I try to watch only Pi 3 because that is what I have and that is what I have.
There is more than one operating system. There will be small changes.
There are several different text editors. "Type CtrlX here" I think you can get through those changes.
My big problem was to try more than one Web Server on the same SD card. Things went wrong and I had to start over. Now I have a good SD card with most thing working well. (no web server) Then I make a copy of it and play with the big changes. If I don't like it I can format and start over.

I am not "software". I am "hardware". So this is hard for me. I have not made every thing work yet. I used FLASK. I had a web page up and can see it from any where in my network. I could not get the "dynamic" part to work.
The problems on my end are; too little C, too little PYTHON, too little time, and a old head.
Every time I almost get it working some one offers money for me to design some hardware and then two months down the road I can't remember where I was.
------------------------------------
I saw a "hat" for the Pi. (It is a data logger, hardware, that records temperature and voltage and current.) It comes with software to put the Pi on the network. From the advertisement it looks much like what I want to do. I might just get the board and install the data logger web server software. I think I know how to modify the program. I just can't get thing up and running from zero.

I used FLASK. I had a web page up and can see it from any where in my network. I could not get the "dynamic" part to work.
How you controlled any gpio of pi using web page. I have also done this. I can access web page from another computer, mobile in my network . but the problem is that I can not control gpio of pi using web page in local network.

It's not that hard PYTHON was and probably still the problem not that it's hard to write it's picky about indentions.
You have to write blocks like it tells you not like you feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back