Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you find the norton equivalent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edeffect

Hey
I'm working on the following circuit to find the Norton equivalent. I can find the equivalent for other circuits really easily because the terminals at the end of the circuit. But in this circuit the terminals are in the middle and its really confusing me? Could some give me a hand rearranging it please to find the equivalent?

Cheers

Ed

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Please provide a picture which works.
Your link is dead.

JimB

edeffect said:
Hey
I'm working on the following circuit to find the Norton equivalent. I can find the equivalent for other circuits really easily because the terminals at the end of the circuit. But in this circuit the terminals are in the middle and its really confusing me? Could some give me a hand rearranging it please to find the equivalent?

Try with the attached schematic, but the position of the output port doesn't really matter.

Attachments

• eqckt.png
    eqckt.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 427
I would first find the Thevenin equivalent, then convert it to Norton.

My recollection of how to find the Thevenin is to:-

1. Calculate the open circuit voltage (V), ie. the voltage at the output port with no load.

2. Calculate the short circuit current (I), ie. apply a short to the outpout port and calculate the current through it.

3. Calculate the Thevenin resistance = V/I

4. The convert it to Norton equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back