Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you change the fuses in an ATmega32U4? To adjust the clock freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winch

With a new ATmega32u4 the clock works at an internal freq of 1Mhz.
How can I adjust the fuses in Oshonsoft so that I can run the ATmega32u4 at an external clock off 8Mhz?

Pretty sure there is a configuration menu item.. Well there is on pic! You can select what is needed and then include the fuse settings in your code.

In the datasheet section 6.2 The list of external crystals is in 6.3.... the CKSEL bits 3 2 and 1 set the external crystal power..

Contrary to belief... The frequency isn't set... The power for a range of crystals is set... Low power crystals are sub 3Mhz Med power crystals are below 3~8Mhz then higher power for 8 and above...

I did indeed read this in the datasheet.
You are absolutely right. But I'm trying to make the change through oshonsoft.
And don't know how to write this code?
And I can't discover a configuration menu as you indeed have with the pic.

Ok thanks for the link. It makes it a lot easier which code you need.
But I still get stuck on the fact how do I program the code in the avr?
It must be me but I can't manage to do this in OShonsoft.

Ok thanks for the link. It makes it a lot easier which code you need.
But I still get stuck on the fact how do I program the code in the avr?
It must be me but I can't manage to do this in OShonsoft.
i dont know that program. I use Xgpro frol tl866 2 pro programmer. You only need to find settings for programing fuses.
1624618341581.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
Finally I managed to adjust the fuses with
Microchip Studio. Here I have undone the change of the 8x clock division.
Now it's solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back