Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do radio reciever works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holax12

Hello,

I want to wirelessly control a switch, have been able to make a simple transmitter which transmitted voice and was able to receive via fm radio.
The major problem is making my own receiver, have tried some receiver circuits that i found online but they don't seem to work. Here is one of circuit i tried: FM Receiver 4 Transistor by BF184 | Circuit Project Electronic

Now i think knowing how the receiver work will really help me.

Ur contributions on how it works is highly welcome. Thanks.

The "piece of junk" radio you made has a single transistor as a super-regenerative receiver. It overloads easily by strong local starions and is a very poor AM radio. If it is tuned to one side of an FM station then it plays distorted muffled audio.
The other three transistors in the radio are an audio amplifier.

It works at a very high frequency so will not work if it is made on a breadboard. It needs a small pcb instead.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply, what corrections can be made to that circuit to make it function as a fm transmitter.

Thanks for your reply, what corrections can be made to that circuit to make it function as a fm receiver.

You need to learn electronics to see all the many parts of an FM receiver and what they do.
The very simple super-regenerative receiver you found will pick up a local FM radio station if you make it correctly. The sound will be distorted and muffled.

Thanks for your reply, what corrections can be made to that circuit to make it function as a fm transmitter.
There is no way to transform a receiver into a transmitter. They are different animals entirely.

Last edited:
@ audio guru , Suppose i make a rf amplifier that is capable of amplifying small signal and i connect an antenna to the input of the amplifier, will anything be amplified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back