Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I drive these LED's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tncowboybuck

Ooops! Ive been digging through my stach of goodies and decided to start working on some LED displays. My problem is this: I have several numeric displays, all common CATHODE, however the driver chip I have (A6276) wants to SINK the LED's. So, what is the best way to convert the signal to drive the annodes of these displays while using the smallest through hole foot print? (Im working with breadboards still). Should I use some kind of an inverter IC? or would that tend to want to fry? I have been browsing Allegro's web site looking for a constant current source driver but so far no luck. I like this IC because they can be daisy chained and I have a HUGE amount of LED's on this display to drive.

It'd probably be easier to just buy a common anode display.

You could use a PNP transistor and two resistors to drive each segment.

As it turns out, the displays I had were compatible after all. I actually decided to use another chip though and had some common anode displays on hand so I think I have this peice of the puzzle worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back