Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do I do this equation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now remember when I last used reverse polish, it was on a Sinclair Spectrum, using the operating system to do a calculation in assembly. Everything had to be stacked in RPN before calling the expression evaluator.

That's got to be 25 years ago!!

Mike.

Ron H said:
That's why I like my old HP15C (which stays at work). RPN, no parentheses or brackets required.
The calculator I use here at home when sitting at my computer is an **broken link removed**.

One don't just like RPN, one is addicted to it. I HAVE to use a RPN even I have several other non RPN types.

I feel very uncomfortable if I am forced to use a non-RPN type and have to write down the immediate results I already worked out. No such worry with a RPN.

eblc1388 said:
One don't just like RPN, one is addicted to it. I HAVE to use a RPN even I have several other non RPN types.

I feel very uncomfortable if I am forced to use a non-RPN type and have to write down the immediate results I already worked out. No such worry with a RPN.

Not very good for PIC's then! - RPN relies on a decent size stack - but if you like RPN you'll probably enjoy using Forth.

Pommie said:
You shouldn't have to enter the brackets. You should have a key to enter the exponent. It is usually labeled E or Exp. So to enter 4.91*10^12 you would enter 4.91E12 or 4.91Exp12.

Wow, I just went to check on my daughters TI84 and it doesn't have an Exponent key. Calculators seem to have gone backward :confused: I guess that you have to enter the brackets after all.

Mike.

I never use the exponents key because it never looks quite right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back