Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I build a small gaming console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, I get very bored during class and I want to build a small gaming console that can run pac man on it. I want it to be a colour TFT display and of course buttons to play the game. How do I do this? I have seen youtube videos from adafruit where some people make boards and play games on it. I would like a speaker/buzzer for extra affects and it should fit my pocket.

I would like to know the things behind building this, I just dont want to build it just for the sake of entertainment but also to learn something, how it works, what's behind the code, what are the things and the reasoning behind it. I should be able to build another circuit and code for the game so teach me that way. It should not only be on Arduino (first I will start with Arduino), but also on AVR studio, Atollic Truestudio for STM Arm Microcontrollers. Please let me know how to do this.

Thank you all

Last edited:
Rather bizarre, just play Pacman on your phone? - or even better, pay attention in class!.
Then he'll end up graduating and have to get a job. No chance of graduating or a job if he keeps thinking that he will eventually get bored in class so he keeps imagining himself building a game console so he can visualize himself playing games on the aforementioned imagined game console.

I can't get past that. If you want to build this to play when you are bored, why do you care how it works? What happens if you get bored while learning how it works? What do you build then?
I don't, I am always curious to learn something and keep trying until it works

I would look in to diy mame projects. There is already a lot of information out there for them. Probably a better place to get started with the idea of building the device. I'm sure it will be easier to get help here if you have already shown a little effort in the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back