Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How did you get your nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well on this forum I had to use a 1 on the end of my name as my name was already taken. On some other forums I go with the nic 'RuddyCrazy'. Now the Ruddy comes from a tv show I saw when I was young called 'it aint half hot mum' and for some reason I can't seem to find ANY reference or video's on that program. The saying that stuck in my mind was 'You ruddy fool don't be such clever dicky'. Somehow I do feel that program has been banned due to being politically incorrect. Any if people don't understand the 'Crazy' then maybe the name fits the glove.....

Cheers Bryan

I used to like It Aint Half Hot Mum when I was a kid :D

G'day guys,
Well when I said I couldn't find anything I meant when I went into ABC shops here and asked the response I got was 'what program'. Derstrom thanks heaps of those you tube links mate and with today being 44C in the shade a few nice cold ales and watching the whole series will be a good old blast from the past.

Cheers Bryan

G'day guys,
Well when I said I couldn't find anything I meant when I went into ABC shops here and asked the response I got was 'what program'. Derstrom thanks heaps of those you tube links mate and with today being 44C in the shade a few nice cold ales and watching the whole series will be a good old blast from the past.

Cheers Bryan

Glad to help, Bryan! Enjoy!

my dad is on here with ghostman11 (thats is his radio call sign for the tractor comm's, all the guy's on the farm's around here that work late into the night at harvest or lambing are called ghostmen on the radio's he is number 11) so mine is just because i am smaller than he is and on here!

my dad is on here with ghostman11 (thats is his radio call sign for the tractor comm's, all the guy's on the farm's around here that work late into the night at harvest or lambing are called ghostmen on the radio's he is number 11) so mine is just because i am smaller than he is and on here!

Well hello again, LG! Great to hear from you! It's been a while!

I always wondered where "Ghostman11" came from :D Thanks for sharing!

Ah, the screen name. Reloadron was a name coined years ago for me. I taught reloading of ammunition with a focus on very, very accurate hand loads for match shooting. Look closely at the avatar I made years ago. :)

Ron

I have a complete lack of imagination.
I have nothing to hide.
My avatar is related.
Ron Simpson

I have a complete lack of imagination.
I have nothing to hide.
My avatar is related.
Ron Simpson

I recognized the Simpson meter immediately, the first time I saw your avatar. I've repaired dozens of those in the past. Most recently being for the school I work at. For some reason they're still using WWII-vintage equipment. I guess that's a real testament to the quality of the devices manufactured back then. Either that, or the school is just too cheap to buy new ones ;)

I think I've explained mine here in the past.
When I worked at Micron, I spent a fair amount of time studying the ON resistance (Ron) of MOSFETs. Since my name is Ron, someone started calling me R(on). Some smartass changed it to R(off). Hence the handle.

I think I've explained mine here in the past.
When I worked at Micron, I spent a fair amount of time studying the ON resistance (Ron) of MOSFETs. Since my name is Ron, someone started calling me R(on). Some smartass changed it to R(off). Hence the handle.

Somehow I always assumed it was a play on "R-ON" ;) Very clever.

Back in high school some of my friends called me "Sparky". I'm sure you can all guess where I got that one! :rolleyes::D

Mine is a shortened version of my last name. People in Tn have a hard time pronouncing my name (Canadian French origin) and they just cannot roll their "RRRRs"...But I've been called worse :)

Mine is a shortened version of my last name. People in Tn have a hard time pronouncing my name (Canadian French origin) and they just cannot roll their "RRRRs"...But I've been called worse :)
And all this time I thought you were a woman named Gertrude.:D

Gertrude....I think not..

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 253
Gertrude....I think not..

Funny that you posted that same photo on two different threads on the exact same day ;)

My photo is hidden somewhere on the Internet (gerty, you have an advantage here *hint hint*). You're welcome to search for it! :D

Funny that you posted that same photo on two different threads on the exact same day ;)

My photo is hidden somewhere on the Internet (gerty, you have an advantage here *hint hint*). You're welcome to search for it! :D

Both forums were talking about pictures and I was cleanig some stuff out my 'puter... and here we are :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back