Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I test a sony rgr dx 210?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob1954

I am, rather optimistically, considering building a bench power supply using a power supply board from an old video unit.
I could use a computer power supply and have done so in the past but the board I have is much smaller and fits perfectly into the box I want to use.
The unit is a sony rgr dx 210 see here.
I am aware that a computer power supply needs the green wire to be connected to 0V to give it an output / turn it on.
The sony unit only has black and red wires. (many of them). There are all sorts of voltages (another reason for using this unit) and all are marked at the side of the plugs.
The only marks I don't recognise other than some of the voltages saying 5VA, 5VT, 5VD, 12V, 12T are two that say P'H and T'H and two that say FD+ and FD-.

Before I try connecting any of them to see if one will start the unit is it possible someone might know how to connect this unit on the bench so it gives a power out?
I know it works as it did in the video unit but that has been dismantled now.

Thanks,
Bob.

ADD
I have found this manual. It shows a circuit diagram of the SMPS board and an optical isolator that I think is responsible for turning the power supply on but I am unable to work out how to get from the PWR_CTL "H" pin on the right side of the board to the optical isolator or what to apply to the pin.
The step type symbol on the opto isolator suggests it needs a complex signal of some sort, is this possible?
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply Nigel, before I connect it can I just confirm - there is no 5.3v rail, there is a 5 VD next to the PWR-CTL H and a 5VT separated from the TIMER H by a gnd, can I just connect them to these 5v pins?
thanks.

Thank you for the reply Nigel, before I connect it can I just confirm - there is no 5.3v rail, there is a 5 VD next to the PWR-CTL H and a 5VT separated from the TIMER H by a gnd, can I just connect them to these 5v pins?
thanks.

Pin 2 of P1701 - directly above the PWR-CTL H pin - 5.3V All the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back