Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make my Infra red camera distinguish between 4 infra red transmitters positioned each on a corner of a square platform ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jen12

I am working on an Arduino project where I use an infra red camera that measures distance along with 4 infra red LED transmitters placed each on a corner of a square platform to park a robot perfectly on this platform. However, it is important for the camera to distinguish between the 4 transmitters. (it should know the right transmitters from the left and the upper transmitters from the lower). Can anyone please help me find a solution to this problem?

Last edited:
How about pulsing the transmitters at different frequencies, and measuring the frequency to tell which is which?.
I was thinking about doing so but my transmitters are infra-red LED transmitters so I think pulsing them at different frequencies won't do me any help.

Sounds like it's a vertical square like a garage entrance. If so, leave one transmitter out and calculate where it should be. A right angled triangle should give all the information required.

Mike.

Why not?, IR LED's are very commonly pulsed.

What do you mean by they are 'transmitters'?.
this is the link for the camera i'm using along with the Arduino code.
and this is a picture of the led transmitters i'm using

When I was doing things like this there was no "smart camera" and libraries of code. So writing from zero, it would be easy to see lights blink.

Your camera "keeps track of 1-4 objects". I think you are using the software that does that. When you blink a LED the software will loose track of that LED. So there is much of the problem. I think you have software written for a different project and you can't get around that.

I was doing something like this but I had Red, Blue, Green, etc light so that is easy.
I had control of the light source. I could turn on/off change color of any point. If you can not directly drive the light, then you must have the LEDs blink in some pattern and then synchronize the software to the pattern. This will slow down the process.

When I was doing things like this there was no "smart camera" and libraries of code. So writing from zero, it would be easy to see lights blink.

Your camera "keeps track of 1-4 objects". I think you are using the software that does that. When you blink a LED the software will loose track of that LED. So there is much of the problem. I think you have software written for a different project and you can't get around that.

I was doing something like this but I had Red, Blue, Green, etc light so that is easy.
I had control of the light source. I could turn on/off change color of any point. If you can not directly drive the light, then you must have the LEDs blink in some pattern and then synchronize the software to the pattern. This will slow down the process.
Exactly, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back