Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i make a simple subwoofer control pre amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you're not going to get any help with a question like that right? If it's homework, do your own homework, if it's not, put in some effort into your project before asking for help.

You should give more details. Is your sub amplifier have it's own crossover and such... unless we could just say something like..

You need to use parts, solder them on a board, plug it and TADA!

Last edited:
popcorn said:
or just give some links to where i can get some hints on making it. thnx

Open browser
type in url www.google.com
in search field type 'preamp circuit' without the single quotes
click the 'Images' link at the top of page
Woohoo... there's circuit schematics !!!

Now did that take a brain? Nope!

@mister e : i need a subwoofer pre amp which has a low frequency control to boost its low frequency signal because my amp dont have its own crossover.tnx

popcorn said:
@mister e : i need a subwoofer pre amp which has a low frequency control to boost its low frequency signal because my amp dont have its own crossover.tnx

Building a preamp and active crossovers
**broken link removed**

Ok?

Doesn't your sound system have a power amplifier only for the subwoofer?
Then use that amplifier's volume control to set the volume of the subwoofer.

@audioguru: can that be used also to control the frequency of the subwoofer which would vary from about 20hz to 100hz?

You need a lowpass filter circuit which is half of a crossover circuit. It passes the low frequencies to the subwoofer's amplifier but blocks the higher frequencies.
You should also have the other half of a crossover circuit which is a highpass filter for the other speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back