Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i designe hardware windows o/s can identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinthaka

how can i designe hardware windows o/s can identify and appeare new hardware found dialog. how windows detect hardwares.what are the information transmitted to hardware.when i use parallel port in direct i/o
how can i block other application accessing port.

WIDOW USES DRIVERS TO DEAL WITH HARDWARE

MICROSOFT JUNK OS .. USES SOFTWARE DRIVERS TO DEAL WITH HARDWARE .. Even IF THE CPU HAS INSTRUCTIONS TO ACCESS IO PORTS . EXECUTION OF THOSE INSTRUCTIONS (INPORT,OUTPORT)
GENERATE EXECPTIONS (KINDA INTERRUPTS )
SO the only way is HAVE A DRIVER TO DEAL WITH A PORT O MEMORY ..
MICROSOFT HAS A FREE DEV KIT .. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FROM THEIR WEB SITE ... THAT THING IS BULKY INEFFIECIENT AND POORLY DESIGNED . THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES
ONE IS A PRODUCT FROM A COMPANY CALLED JUNGO THEY OFFER WINDRIVER IS A LAYER ON TOP OF THE DRIVER THAT HIDES ALL THE BORING ASPECTS OF WINDOWS CRAP ..BUT IS EXPENSIVE ..
UNLESS YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE SOME PLACE I DID ..

THE OTHER WAY IS TO GET A DRIVER ALREADY MADE FOR THAT IO ADRESS , THERE ARE SEVERAL THAT WORK FOR THE PARALLEL PORT AND FOR THE SERIAL PORT . ALSO THEY CAME WITH A LIBRARY THAT YOU CAN CALL
see
https://www.beyondlogic.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back