Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can a transistor amplify the current ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
now I just did a little alteration to the pic before some one shoots me down

I added the resistor above the trimpot so that even if the trimpot was set for 0 Ohms resistance
the resistor above still limits the current to the base

Dave

This image show how BJT "amplifier the current".

67-png.75793

Also don't forget that amplifier is a device that allow as control the flow of "high power" by helps of a low power. To the Amplifier effect occurred, two things are necessary: source of energy (power supply) and a device for controlling the flow of this energy - > the amplifier.

Attachments

• 67.png
    67.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 263
Jony, I love the pictures. and you explained with out using 'water pipe' theory. 'water trought' theory.

Also don't forget that amplifier is a device that allow as control the flow of "high power" by helps of a low power. To the Amplifier effect occurred, two things are necessary: source of energy (power supply) and a device for controlling the flow of this energy - > the amplifier.
Great, that was also my confusion for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back