Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot air gun only blows when hold hand near it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
Our Xytronic LF-852D hot air gun only blows hot air when i hold my hand on, or near the gun holder.
Do you know why this is?

https://www.rapidonline.com/xytronic-lf-852dii-smd-hot-air-rework-station-1000w-85-1229
Modify message

Safety feature possibly ? Manual also talks about sensing to cool element when
not being used.

Regards, Dana.

Hmmm. Y'know, that's interesting. Mine starts cooling down as soon as the wand is parked in the holder. I've assumed there's a magnetic switch sensing that the wand has been parked, but now that you mention it I realize the wand is in my hand until it's parked, so maybe my assumption is incorrect. I'll have to experiment to see what is actually being sensed, or not sensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back