Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

homework help

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkysensubean

hi,

i was wondering if anyone here could help me. i searched high and low around the Net but i cant seem to find some of the things im looking for. Yes, i even checked out all the links at the bottom. im looking for symbols like this (transistor)
**broken link removed**

for these items:
Protoboard
Dip Switch
Integrated Circuit
Power Supply
Regulator

and could also tell me how you would define protoboard and regulator? thanks

We appreciate your honesty in telling us its for your homework :wink:
A protoboard (or breadboard) is a device with lots of rows of holes that are interconnected below the surface where one just pushes in the pins of electronic components and then uses wire jumpers to connect the various items together to form a circuit. No soldering is required. This is harder to explain than actually doing it :D . Have a look out for these at Radio shack or similar electronic hobbyist shops. You even might find a picture of one on the net if you search a little harder. I have never seen an actual symbol for these.

For your other symbols, I did have a quick look at 'Google', advanced search, with the exact phrase,"electronic symbols" and there are quite a few of them to be had there. You can also gather such information if you can get hold of a circuit diagram, these are often printed in electronics magazines. Also in the back of catalogues from the electronic hobbyist shops.
Since its *your* homework I won't stop you from doing some more research by telling you exactly what you asked :wink:

Klaus said:
We appreciate your honesty in telling us its for your homework :wink:

dammit! thats the part i forgot to leave out! :x

thnx for ur help, i found everything except for two, regulator and dip switch. i used many search engines and searches with no luck. care to help?

I care to help! Try to have a look on ScienceDirect... For the regulator, it may be a circuit built using resistors and diodes, that can regulate the output for a given change in the input, voltage or current... I hope this helps :wink: !

Eagle's representation of a DIL switch and V-Reg

Attachments

• Dil_Vreg.JPG
    Dil_Vreg.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 344
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back