Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Homemade Dimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

Hi,

What do you think of mixing the following things:
**broken link removed**
http://www.geocities.com/ph_zone/Digi_Pack/Digi_Pack.html

to make a homemade theatre lighting control board. ie, take the desk part from the westhost thing and the DMX decoding part from the DigiPack, to get a 12 channel lighting desk with DMX outputs.

I can make a PCB, with 12 manual linear VRs and connect that in parallel with the flash buttons, etc to make a priority signalled controlled desk which decodes DMX from the computer and then mixes it with the analogue signals from my desk and makes it back into DMX.

I think I know how to do it, but I am not sure how to do the last part... ie, converting 12x 0-10v signals into DMX-512 using PICs. Also, I am a bit confused about how to make the DMX from the PC go into 12 0-10vs because the DigiPak converts the DMX to 4x PWMs.

Any ideas?
computer

West host thing.

Of course you are right , but the formula may rely eventually on the solving of the south host thing before any serious calcultion can be made

Looks straight forward...

I think I can clarify what Margaret was trying to state. Margaret, if I may?

I think Margaret is simply stating that you'd probably want to build the "westhoast thing" before you can accurately configure the Digipack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back