Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home subwoofer amp hum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmitch47

Hello all and I like the forum, thank you! Anyway I have a 400 watt home powered sub and lately I have been getting a hum, it increases when gain is increased! Weird thing is, it has the same hum even when it isnt connected to my receiver. I already tried changing the 3 prong plug to 2 prong plug thinking it was ground hum, but it wasnt that. Im thinking its a cap letting ac through, I was wondering what ppl thought. Again thank you, rmitch47

Maybe its input cable has a broken or missing shield.
Maybe a filter capacitor in its power supply has failed.

If the hum is there with no audio input cable connected, then I suspect a power supply filter or decoupling capacitor has failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back