Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Project: Question on what motor to get for a battery-powered, motorized, high-speed 'lazy susan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, forgot about the reversible stylus. That blows my theory. As I said, long ago and probably (definitely) wrong.

Mike.

I've never heard of ELP's - you couldn't have grooves because there's no room.

LP's DID use microgrooves though (so smaller thinner grooves), which is why you had a reversible stylus (LP/78), to match the different groove sizes. I would 'presume' 16 records used 78 type styli, as they were pre-microgroove.
16 2/3 per the markings on the record label and the "Motorola Professional" record player we used) 16 2/3 records were used in the US for background music played in stores - I worked in a department store that used them. Every month, a stack of 12" 16 2/3rpm records arrived in a UPS shipment. We had to make a hash mark on a form each time we played each record, at the end of the month, we'd send in the form and the records back to some address, presumably the artists would get their royalty paychecks based on how many times each record was played.

Each 12" record ran for about 50 minutes and had a small (LP sized) hole. The small, "pop-hits" records had 45 rpm big hole. They played about 20 minutes and we were instructed exactly when to play them. From 3-5pm on weekdays and 6-close on Saturdays "when the teenagers were in the store". I was a teenager at the time and the music we got was crap and not "pop hits".

the music was mono and no high highs. Just a perfect quality match for the little PA speakers mounted in the drop ceiling tiles around the store.

Last edited:
16 2/3 per the markings on the record label and the "Motorola Professional" record player we used) 16 2/3 records were used in the US for background music played in stores - I worked in a department store that used them. Every month, a stack of 12" 16 2/3rpm records arrived in a UPS shipment. We had to make a hash mark on a form each time we played each record, at the end of the month, we'd send in the form and the records back to some address, presumably the artists would get their royalty paychecks based on how many times each record was played.

Each 12" record ran for about 50 minutes and had a small (LP sized) hole. The small, "pop-hits" records had 45 rpm big hole. They played about 20 minutes and we were instructed exactly when to play them. From 3-5pm on weekdays and 6-close on Saturdays "when the teenagers were in the store". I was a teenager at the time and the music we got was crap and not "pop hits".

the music was mono and no high highs. Just a perfect quality match for the little PA speakers mounted in the drop ceiling tiles around the store.

Interesting to hear from someone who's actually seen one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back