Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home Made Solar Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanju123in

i m posting following link for homemade solar cells but i dont know is that technologly is workable or not if any one having this sort of technology workble exp. please tell me more abt it.

Link deleted - moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
That link is to a commercial publication. Please delete the Rapidshare link.

It's also a very inefficient cell and strictly for educational use. It's also the kind of book that advertises get rich selling books at the end (always a bad sign).

A very inefficient cell. The cost of work done for making it will be huge comparing to the output. Anyway thanks man, it's very informative.

As opposed to wind power? Windmills would seem to be cheaper and easier to make.

Windmills are by far the cheapest renewable energy form but they are also a blot on the landscape. At least solar panels lay flat on the roof.

Mike.

Neither wind or solar are good for base load reliable power. They are better suited as an argumentation source during peak times when available rather then as a primary power source. Both wind and solar get far too much publicity and attention then they desire. At best they are a part of a mix of a bigger system design.

Lefty

Last edited:
Yes, I'm actually in favor of nuclear as the green alternative.

Real problem the "peoples in the villages" have is they rob power from the distribution lines - no big system of any kind is going to work until someone straightens THAT out. Want to fix the electricity? Get in there with some cops and bust some heads.

Of course wind energy is cheaper than solar but they cannot be used everywhere but solar cells can be installed even on rooftop which makes it much more portable. Also windmill require specific landscape area where as solar energy is everywhere.........

solar energy is the future of alternate energy.....:D

Of course wind energy is cheaper than solar but they cannot be used everywhere but solar cells can be installed even on rooftop which makes it much more portable. Also windmill require specific landscape area where as solar energy is everywhere.........

solar energy is the future of alternate energy.....:D

Not at night :D.

I thought windmill is unpredictable as you wont know when you will get wind and how much wind you will get? same goes to solar panels..

I thought windmill is unpredictable as you wont know when you will get wind and how much wind you will get? same goes to solar panels..

these are the reasons why we are still so much dependent on conventional sources of energy......

This idea can be applied if we have enough solar panels capable of driving a huge motor which is used to pump water to uppertank and release it to hydro turbine during night. No need of batteries and life-time power!

Of course, during daytime pump and power distribution system is working together...:D

Attachments

• power.PNG
    power.PNG
    88.7 KB · Views: 328
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back