Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home automation on wire wrap board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy a cable, cut it in half and solder the wires to whatever you want on your board. You'll get a tail with connector leading out of your enclosure which you can plug in ... whatever you need to plug it in.

DB-9? How about this.

http://www.winfordeng.com/products/brk9.php

If not a DB-9 connector and a homespun veroboard or stripboard might work. Solder some wire wrap pins to the veroboard and make as many adapters as you need.

Last edited:
If you look to the left side of the screen you see who posted it. If the person has filled in their location you can tell. I see yours is blank. Mine is from Georgia, USA. This being an international site explains the global answers.

Did you want Europe or UK response only?

Quoting KISS

"you'll have to find a supplier on the other side of the pond."

So I guess there's a way to deduce even w/o the user profile

Post #6 says not familiar with English terms and a reference to 220. ---->>> Not US
I'm a little wierd when it comes to remembering details.

Some moderators MAY have access to the IP address posted from.

So, we complain a bit when responses have to be country specific.

At one point EM had the software require country when registering.

Even an IP address isnt difinitive. My geolocation is off. This has affected internet gambling. The phone and home internet can be from a different state. DSL goes to a local DSLAM within the DSL distance limitations and then via ATM to another state. Thats where the IP is assigned.

One guy here when he posts from the corporate office he's thousands of miles away physically from his geolocation. It came up in conversation.

Going behind a proxy, I can be anywhere the proxy service is.

Most, not all, of North America uses 120/240 single phase or split phase for residential. Actually 240 VAC center tapped. You can find 3 phase residential. 110/220 used to be the norm in the US.

100 V puts you somewhere in Japan. Two electron microscopes we had at work were 100V.

3 phase Industrial distribution is nuts with 277 V a possibility for lighting.

As for the OP, you gave yourself away. EU, uk, au. I have no idea. A place where 220 is the norm for residential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back