Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HOLTEK HT48F50E information please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guido Dicapua

Hi, I want to know if the MCU HT48F50E has a chip function for code protection, or reading protection. I have some circuits where the MCU is broken and I want to know if I can read MCU information from a circuit in good condition and then program a new MCU and fix the problem.
I use Batronix programmer in my job and I know that PIC's have a chips function for code protection and then nobody can read the information. So I need to know if the HT48F50E has this function because I have to buy the E-Writer or another programmer and if the chip is read protected I won't be able to fix my problem.
Excuse me for my English i'm from Argentina
Thanks.

I am not familiar with the specific Micro controller. As a general rule, it is more than likely an available feature through its programming tool.
Whether it is utilized or not is the question. I do work with several brands of micro controllers on test equipment. While capable of flash protection, I have yet to come across one. Whether is the same for Consumer Electronics. do not know?

vtech: I understand that the programming tools have options to protect only some chips, for example I can protect a PIC with Bactronix by setting the "Code Protection bit" on the "Chip options". So when someone wants to read the code is encrypted. I want to know if the Holtek microcontrollers have this feature, and if so I can't read the chip correctly.

Ian Rogers, I had a look through the data sheet too and I haven't seen nothing about this but I want to be sure before buy the equipment.

However thanks for your time, I'm still investigating and waiting for some help.

I want to fix some circuits of washing machines that uses this MCU, and I need to read a MCU in good condition of other circuit for that, if I have to do some new proyect I will choise PIC...

Okay!! As you can probably tell, Holtek isn't known to many on here... The only reason I know about them is because I was given a project to update... The system now has a pic16f1828....

I only know one other guy who uses these things...

vtech: I understand that the programming tools have options to protect only some chips, for example I can protect a PIC with Bactronix by setting the "Code Protection bit" on the "Chip options". So when someone wants to read the code is encrypted. I want to know if the Holtek microcontrollers have this feature, and if so I can't read the chip correctly.

Guido,
Perhaps I was not clear; I am well aware of the protection setting on Batronix and many other programmers. Just like the software that your programmer allows you to set the protection, Holtek also has the same feature available on their software. Difference being that it is compatible with only select programmers. ie, ELNEC based programmers which are quite a few brands do not have any algorithm on Holtek (at least not yet)
Look at the development tool HT-IDE3000 users guide on their site (Chap. 3 pages 41&49 of the pdf). You will notice the similarities and there is in fact a LOCK setting like what you have on your Batronix.
Whether it was set or not during programming is the question. Short of someone with previous experience with the series, you would have to try to read one
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back