Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Highest Posters... Where do you rank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe i'm number 6 :lol: I also can't believe i've been on here for two years!
This forum is the best! I've never really stopped and thought about it, but it's amazing how many more people I know because of electro-tech, and how much everyone here has taught me. This forum has literally changed my life :lol:

This forum is the best! I've never really stopped and thought about it, but it's amazing how many more people I know because of electro-tech, and how much everyone here has taught me. This forum has literally changed my life
I must say that I learned about 75% of my lifetime electronics material from here alone. Hey, it changed my life, and it changed it so much, I'm thinking of not even continuing school :shock: :lol:

Rankings Missing

The new member list can be sorted by clicking on the Posts column header, but there are no rankings i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc

I suspect at least some of the "1's" are guys who never found their way back after their one and only post.

I personally don't agree with the ranking system, I don't think it's a good idea to tie rank to post count. Quantity doesn't mean quality, I think it's unfair that one member with 1000 posts which aren't very helpful gets awarded a title and someone else with only 500 but very informative posts doesn't. Also it's bad because newbs might see esomeone with a title like Electronics expert (who's also a newb and got their title by asking questions) and presume they are experianced while ignoring the Electronics novice who might have a degree.

Perhaps you might want to consider something more helpful like a rating system.

Last edited:
Ranking System

Hero999 said:
I personally don't agree with the ranking system, ....

I agree with you. There is a forum at codeguru.com which has a better system... They do have post counts and votes for the poster. for every post. This leads to a reputation value to the user.

They use vBulletin as well....

I go according to the quality of answer... No matter if it is from a newbie rank....

And hanging on this forum for quiet some time now, I know the quality of the people... Nigel, audioguru and RonH akg Jay.Slovak and others need no introduction.... But a few good posters are seen only once in a blue moon.... For instance evan dude posts rearly but put up a question on PCB design and you fill get his reply before anyone else....

akg said:
it is better to rate a poster, based on the quality/usefulnes of his/her post , by others

May be you can post in the Feedback forum for this module... It exsist.

You will definitely be rated highly akg...:D

I do not want to ask for it because I dread the rating that I might get.... Of my over 400 posts, 95% of them are questions.... :(
4% might be feedback and jokes... and only 1% answers :( :(

lord loh. said:
You will definitely be rated highly akg...:D
.. Of my over 400 posts, 95% of them are questions.... :(
4% might be feedback and jokes... and only 1% answers :( :(
In a class room .. the eqations are reversed ;)
The forum , it is meant to learn and teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back