Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High sensitivity rapid response themistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick66

Hi guys

I need to build a air temperature sensor. I have the basic circuit worked out ... its just a wheatstome bridge. Trouble is that I need to find a suitable thermistor. I'm a bit of a newbie so sorry if I get some of the terms wrong.

It needs to be pretty sensitive ... sensitive to pick up say ay .1 degree change in temperature.

It also needs to have a low thermal time constant as I need it to respond in approx 3 to 5 seconds ... I've seen some but their thermal time constants are around 15 to 30 seconds which is way to slow.

It also needs to respond to air temperature rather than raditaion ... although I guess I could 'grind' off the glass on the glass bead evacuated types.

I'm told it will also need a high resistance such as 2MΩ in order to reduce current. A high current can cause the thermistor to heat up and any passing air can cool it down giving a false indication.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mike

Take a look at this item:
**broken link removed**

... if the cost is not prohibitive.

Actually ... you might want to contact the support rep for the above company and see if they can suggest anything for your specific requirements.

Last edited:
Check that one: SHT11.

It measures temperature and relative humidity.

16bit A/D converter and serial interface are integrated. Response time 5 to 30 seconds.

Boncuk

Attachments

• SHT11.pdf
    331.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back