Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high pass circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra999777

hey i can't understand why a high pass ckt o/p is more than the i/p voltage when the i/p is 10vpp 1khz square wave.ckt uses 1k resistor and 0.1uf capacitor.At the o/p in c.r.o it has shown 12vpp for 10vpp i/p.At t=0 normally o/p should be the i/p

hey i can't understand why a high pass ckt o/p is more than the i/p voltage when the i/p is 10vpp 1khz square wave.ckt uses 1k resistor and 0.1uf capacitor.At the o/p in c.r.o it has shown 12vpp for 10vpp i/p.At t=0 normally o/p should be the i/p

Assuming it's just a passive low-pass filter then it can't, and it won't - are you doing this in a simulator, and not in real life?.

It's because of the droop during the time when the input is flat, due to partial discharging of the capacitor. If you look at the amplitude of the transitons (rising and falling edges), you will see that they are 10V p-p. Make the RC time constant much larger, and the phenomenon will mostly (but not entirely) disappear.

Assuming it's just a passive low-pass filter then it can't, and it won't - are you doing this in a simulator, and not in real life?.
Our OP is talking about a highpass circuit.
I believe we did discuss once on this forum a passive RC lowpass with over 3dB peaking in the frequency domain. It also has peaking in the time domain. I couldn't find it when I searched the forums, but I do have the LTspice simulation on my computer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back