Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

high frequency transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohuzoor

hey! my first post here... i need info on a specific kind of transformer.

the transformer is to be used as part of the output stage in an electrosurgical unit. the specs are as follows:

primary voltage: 180V max.
secondary voltage: 6000 V max.
frequency: 450 KHz. (constant)
o/p power: 300W max.

noise and hum to be as low as possible.
size not a matter of concern.

This sounds like a custom transformer design. It's not likely something you will find off-the-shelf. I would contact transformer manufacturers that are familiar with transformer design in that frequency and power range.

Noise and hum are generally not much affected by the output transformer.

hey! my first post here... i need info on a specific kind of transformer.

the transformer is to be used as part of the output stage in an electrosurgical unit. the specs are as follows:

primary voltage: 180V max.
secondary voltage: 6000 V max.
frequency: 450 KHz. (constant)
o/p power: 300W max.

noise and hum to be as low as possible.
size not a matter of concern.

Unless you have the actual Manufacturing Specs, It will probably run you Over $1000.00 to get just one made. But Cheaper by the Dozen.

Last edited:
i answered this question about 2 hrs or so ago in DIYaudio.com........
if i had known this was for a piece of medical equipment i wouldn't have answered by telling him how to build one. MEDICAL EQUIPMENT FOLLOWS VERY STRICT SAFETY AND RELIABILITY STANDARDS, SO DON'T MESS AROUND WITH REPLACING PARTS WITH DIY AND SECOND SOURCE PRODUCTS!!!!!!! sorry, that one need shouting. don't mess around with a piece of equipment on which somebody's life may depend.......

when this question was cross-posted at DIYaudio, the little tidbit about it being for a piece of medical equipment wasn't included.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back