Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Efficiency Relay Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't played with LabView or used NI stuff, I highly recommend it, zero learning curve, lots of fun, very flexible and fast.
But it costs serious money.....even the Student Edition :(

Yes, the + is the output from my DIO controller that can sustain 24mA per channel.

You describe them as latching relays. I presume that means that they stay on (or off) without power and power is only needed to switch from one state to the other. In that case why is the transistor circuit necessary? Why not drive the relay directly from the output pin of the NI USB-6509 with a brief pulse to switch it on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back