Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi-Tech LCD example troubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bits in PORTA and PORTC change as they should.

The HEX file in your zip had a problem. I did a compile and then it worked.

I will zip the project and you can try it.

Build output
Code:
Make: The target "C:\Users\webmaster\Downloads\LCD test_SIM\Main.p1" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\PRO\9.80\bin\picc.exe" --pass1 "C:\Users\webmaster\Downloads\LCD test_SIM\Main.c" -q --chip=16F688 -P --runtime=default --opt=default -g --asmlist "--errformat=Error   [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" "--msgformat=Advisory[%n] %s" "--warnformat=Warning [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" 
Make: The target "C:\Users\webmaster\Downloads\LCD test_SIM\lcd.p1" is out of date.
Executing: "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\PRO\9.80\bin\picc.exe" --pass1 "C:\Users\webmaster\Downloads\LCD test_SIM\Include\lcd.c" -q --chip=16F688 -P --runtime=default --opt=default -g --asmlist "--errformat=Error   [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" "--msgformat=Advisory[%n] %s" "--warnformat=Warning [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" 
Executing: "C:\Program Files\HI-TECH Software\PICC\PRO\9.80\bin\picc.exe" "-oTest lcd.cof" "-mTest lcd.map" --summary=default --output=default Main.p1 lcd.p1 --chip=16F688 -P --runtime=default --opt=default -g --asmlist "--errformat=Error   [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" "--msgformat=Advisory[%n] %s" "--warnformat=Warning [%n] %f; %l.%c %s" 
(1273) Omniscient Code Generation not available in Lite mode (warning)
HI-TECH C Compiler for PIC10/12/16 MCUs (Lite Mode)  V9.80
Copyright (C) 2010 Microchip Technology Inc.

Memory Summary:
    Program space        used    97h (   151) of  1000h words   (  3.7%)
    Data space           used     9h (     9) of   100h bytes   (  3.5%)
    EEPROM space         used     0h (     0) of   100h bytes   (  0.0%)
    Configuration bits   used     1h (     1) of     1h word    (100.0%)
    ID Location space    used     0h (     0) of     4h bytes   (  0.0%)

Running this compiler in PRO mode, with Omniscient Code Generation enabled,
produces code which is typically 40% smaller than in Lite mode.
See http://microchip.htsoft.com/portal/pic_pro for more information.

Loaded C:\Users\webmaster\Downloads\LCD test_SIM\Test lcd.cof.

********** Build successful! **********

Attachments

• LCD test_SIM.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Could there be an issue that I use lite edition? (also i havent downloaded the latest version.)

Just neede to change a delay and it works in Proteus as well...

Thanks mate!!

Now for the rest of my project. Read 1-wire (ds18B20P) .. but first I will try to put a variating (button for +/- 1) value in the display.

please help

i want to connect lcd 2*16 in 4 bit on a single portb as follow:

portb 1-4 are connected to lcd data (what ever is pins)
RS: portb.5
EN:portb.6

please help me i want portb.0 for interrupt so dont use it, this connection is just like Mikroc Pro but i dont want to use it because it causes problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back