Hi power light chaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please excuse my techical ignorance, but would I connect the H.O.T. directly to the 555/4017 or would I have to use the transistor you mentioned?

You would need a transistor, also the output from HOT's is usually 25KV, perhaps 28KV, never as high as 50KV.

A bit off topic, but I remember an article about this technology being used to replace computer fans.

So, I've aquired the High Output Transformers / Flyback Xfr. I noticed that the 2SC1308K transistors come in either a two post or three post configuration. Any ideas which of the two would be better suited? I'm guessing a three post. Remeber, and eight "cylinder" lifter is what I'm trying to power. Max voltage is 50Kv/5ma.

The 2SC1308K is one of many H.O.T.'s available. It can be coupled with an isolation transformer driven by a TIP29, TIP41 or NTE124 transistor, for example. To give you a starting point, try my interface circuit, replacing the triacs with said components.

Attachments

• xmaslights.gif
    71.5 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…