Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hesitant Humax

Status
Not open for further replies.

granddad

Most Helpful Member
I don't watch much television, but wife was getting a bit annoyed with TV freezing momentarily , so I sprung into Mr Fix-it action. TV is hooked up to a Humax 2000 DVR box , and one of the connections seemed to be a problem,,, 3 screws later I expected to see a dry joint... or similar ... Not a lot inside to eyeball ... Turns out the loss of signal was just an opened up sleeve in the coax female socket...
so 10 second fix... all :)
humax2000.jpg

When a fix turns out to be so simple it is sometimes a disappointment not to have the opportunity to flex ones electronic fix it foo.

On the other hand it is nice not to have to divert ones interest away from whatever is you current amusement.

JimB

Well spotted. Murphy dictates that those 'simple' faults often aren't recognised until after you've spent many frustrating hours fault-finding. Sound's like Murphy was asleep this time :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back