Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

helpp...im building a bank/post office turn number project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

janenaive

im building a bank/post office turn number project that use 7 segment display as the output and switches as the input and microprocessor 6802 and PIA to programme the circuit...i need help how to connect the input and the output to/from the microprecessor circuit to/from the switches and 7 segment display...i learned that i have to use latch and buffer...but nopeeee...still no idea!!!! :oops: [/b]

I/O

Just set every one pin of the switches to the port of the microcontroller, then the other one of the pin of every switches set to ground. The port of micro is ussually on the HIGH stage. If the switch is change, the micro will detect LOW on its port. For the 7 segment display, you can interface with BCD to 7 segment IC 7447 TTL. You just send the BCD number to the port of micro. How to use it, you can see on the datasheet of 7447.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back