Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulot

hi i'm new to pics sort of, i've gone through the first post for new members and i just want to know if MPlab supports the parallel programmer on Nigel's site or need i use the free download on his site also?

secondly i need the microcontroller to receive serial data from a pc and pass it one to a power line modem. on the receiving end, the opposite is the case, where the power line modem transfers the data to the microcontroller which in turn passes it to the pc.

i need the microcontroller to detect the state of the power line modem before data transfer can be made which can't be done by the serial port.

will the pic16f877 do this?

hi i'm new to pics sort of, i've gone through the first post for new members and i just want to know if MPlab supports the parallel programmer on Nigel's site or need i use the free download on his site also?

You need to use it's own software, MPLAB requires a programmer with a processor on-board.

secondly i need the microcontroller to receive serial data from a pc and pass it one to a power line modem. on the receiving end, the opposite is the case, where the power line modem transfers the data to the microcontroller which in turn passes it to the pc.

i need the microcontroller to detect the state of the power line modem before data transfer can be made which can't be done by the serial port.

will the pic16f877 do this?

Yes, a fairly trivial problem really.

thanks

Thanks alot Nigel. the programmer is quite expensive for me here. if you build the one on your site and download the software you also have will that be okay for me to set up my PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back