Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with University Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

akthe13th

Hi There

Im very new to assembly code, and I would like to use a simple PIC controller connected to LEDs for a current University product design project, I am able to programme the basics, such as making a flashing led and sequences, but for this project I need help in figuring out how to accomplish my problem. For this project I need to make a set of 8 LEDs brighten and dim (like the 8 Channel PWM LED Chaser) but also to do this in a (perceived) random pattern. any ideas how a beginner at assembly code can achieve this and any pointers of how to go about this? any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Many thanks

Adam

Private message

Last edited:
I am really new to assembly code any pointers which bits i need to understand and where they are?

thanks for the reply

Adam

Vertical counters are a little bit hard for a beginner.You need to understand how the PWM takes place.What is PWM, How to do a PWM, What is PWM frequency,Duty cycle & finally must come to how to do a multi channel PWM ........There are many variants done without vertical counters you can find on web.

Last edited:
Ive managed to use basic PWM with 1 LED and get it to switch between 25% and 75% brightness, i would just like to know firstly howto get it fade from 0% upto 100% and back to 0% over a few secs, and i can see on pic projects the led chaser does that but i dont understand how to do it myself

Hi There

Im very new to assembly code, and I would like to use a simple PIC controller connected to LEDs for a current University product design project, I am able to programme the basics, such as making a flashing led and sequences, but for this project I need help in figuring out how to accomplish my problem. For this project I need to make a set of 8 LEDs brighten and dim (like the 8 Channel PWM LED Chaser) but also to do this in a (perceived) random pattern. any ideas how a beginner at assembly code can achieve this and any pointers of how to go about this? any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Many thanks

Adam

Private message

i hope it is uesful for u.
Guide to use the PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back