Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with two-arm linear robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

slomto

Trying to simulate controls for a linearised two-arm robotic arm and I have some issues
I'm using two DC motors, one at each actuator
I am using two inputs, each one is a voltage input to one of the motors - v1, v2
Two outputs, each one the angle of elevation of one of the arms - θ1, θ2
I've calculated necessary torques
I've gotten a non-linear equation relating the input voltages and output angles
I've linearised the equation and have g(s) = θ(s)/v(s)
How do i get the parameters necessary to simulate?
I need possible values for arm length, arm mass, Torque constant e.t.c for each arm in an ideal robotic arm
also possible DC motor values for resistance, armature current, induction constant, inductance as would be used in a robot arm

I need possible values for arm length, arm mass, Torque constant e.t.c for each arm in an ideal robotic arm
also possible DC motor values for resistance, armature current, induction constant, inductance as would be used in a robot arm

Look at Maxon motors datasheets for possible DC motor parameters: Maxon motor

Could you draw a picture of the system you are trying to simulate? Your description of it was really poor..
What do you mean by "two-arm robotic arm"?
What are the actuators in: "I'm using two DC motors, one at each actuator" - Aren't the DC motors the actuators?
And what do you mean by "linear robot"?

What are your goals with the simulation? Just to play with it? To test control software? To get a working design that you will build?

Have you heard of "Denavit-Hartenberg Parameters"? If not, take a look at them:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denavit-Hartenberg_Parameters
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/11/spong_kinematics.pdf
You can describe any armed robot in a standard way using Denavit-Hartenberg Parameters.

Last edited:
Lol.. when i said one at each actuator, I meant each actuator is a DC motor and no other type of actuator.....lol.
Thr robot arm is essentially modelled like a human arm with no fist, and attached to a flat plane at the base. So each limb is driven by a DC motor. two DC motors in total.

I need the bottom DC motor to have a torque to carry the two limbs, at 30cm each in length and weighing 5kg each, assuming the 2nd DC motor weight to be zero and the top DC motor to carry one limb at 30cm and 5kg.
How to I chose the DC motors?
I know the motor torque needed, but I don't know inertia constant, torque constant, or any constants. Do I need these? If yes, how do I calculate?
Thanx for ur previous help.

Help!!!!!!!!!

Any good web-links, tips or help on robot arm PI control and/or double inverted pendulum PI control? Really need it asap!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back