Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviram87

hello...

i understand that tv remote controls (not universal, but ir) work by transmitting information in the form of codes... that is if i want to increase the volume, then i press the volume up key... a particular ir code is then transmitted, which is recieved by the reciever in the tv, decoded and then action is performed...

i want to build a circuit which can recieve these signals transmitted... then display the code that is being transmitted.... how can i do this?

thanks... :)

Check my PIC tutorials for how Sony remotes work, and how to display and use them, but there are a large number of completely different systems in use - the most popular is the Philips RC5 which uses Manchester coding.

There's a LOT of information if you google, but I've never found anything I would consider 'universal'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back