Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with these robotic questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question 1: Consider a Hexapod robot having 6 shoulder joints and 6 elbow joints. Each joint uses 1 DC motor for actuation. How many digital control pins of a microcontroller are required to control the robot most effectively?

Question 3: If the total load on the robot mentioned in (Question: 1) is 3 Kg and length of both shoulder arm and elbow arm is 5 cm. What is the minimum torque requirement of the elbow motor to make the robot stand (i.e. minimum torque required by elbow motor to change from 0 to 90 degrees)?

Question 4: Imagine a simple line follower track (as shown in q-5) of black color on white surface. The robot comprises a chassis, two wheels, two motors, a motor driver, a battery and few discrete electronic components and just one IR Sensor Module. The robot (represented by red arrow) is placed as shown below. What should be the logic based on which the robot will follow the track and reach the end point? (Please give a high level logic which involves color of the surface and the robot direction only. We don’t expect you to go into the motor driver control, comparators etc.)

Attachments

• q-5.JPG
    q-5.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 267
Nice copy and paste your questions.

We don't do your homework for you, at least make an effort yourself and when you're stuck try asking specific questions.

Eh, let's ante that up even more depending on the difficulty and number of questions!

Question 1: Consider a Hexapod robot having 6 shoulder joints and 6 elbow joints. Each joint uses 1 DC motor for actuation. How many digital control pins of a microcontroller are required to control the robot most effectively?

Question 3: If the total load on the robot mentioned in (Question: 1) is 3 Kg and length of both shoulder arm and elbow arm is 5 cm. What is the minimum torque requirement of the elbow motor to make the robot stand (i.e. minimum torque required by elbow motor to change from 0 to 90 degrees)?

Question 4: Imagine a simple line follower track (as shown in q-5) of black color on white surface. The robot comprises a chassis, two wheels, two motors, a motor driver, a battery and few discrete electronic components and just one IR Sensor Module. The robot (represented by red arrow) is placed as shown below. What should be the logic based on which the robot will follow the track and reach the end point? (Please give a high level logic which involves color of the surface and the robot direction only. We don’t expect you to go into the motor driver control, comparators etc.)
why there is no Question 2 ?

why there is no Question 2 ?

Help me with Only one question...

Q: Consider a Hexapod robot having 6 shoulder joints and 6 elbow joints. Each joint uses 1 DC motor for actuation. How many digital control pins of a microcontroller are required to control the robot most effectively?
Q-2: if the total load on the robot mentioned in (Question: 1) is 3 Kg and length of both shoulder arm and elbow arm is 5 cm. What is the minimum torque requirement of the elbow motor to make the robot stand (i.e. minimum torque required by elbow motor to change from 0 to 90 degrees)?

Last edited:
Help me with Only one question...

Q: Consider a Hexapod robot having 6 shoulder joints and 6 elbow joints. Each joint uses 1 DC motor for actuation. How many digital control pins of a microcontroller are required to control the robot most effectively?
Q-2: if the total load on the robot mentioned in (Question: 1) is 3 Kg and length of both shoulder arm and elbow arm is 5 cm. What is the minimum torque requirement of the elbow motor to make the robot stand (i.e. minimum torque required by elbow motor to change from 0 to 90 degrees)?

That first question is also kinda ambiguous; is it asking for the number of pins just for the motors, or is there any feedback (ie, joint position, foot-surface contact switch, etc)? I am not going to give any answer away, though, because that one is pretty basic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back