Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with motor switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuwindsurf

Hi all,

I am currently building a wall mounted remote controlled sliding screen to cover a tv. I have built the sliding mechanism which works well. I have just bought and received a RF remote control unit with DC electric motor. This looks like it will work fine for the project, BUT I have an issue I need to resolve.

The RF motor controller has a forward/reverse switch with a separate stop switch. The problem I have is when the sliding panel reaches the end of its travel either left or right I need it to automatically cut the power to the motor to save me from trying to guess when it has reached the end of its travel and hit the stop button. If I misjudge this the motor will still be trying to turn whilst the panel is at its end stop.

I have fitted a couple of momentary off switches which operate when the panel reaches the end of its travel both left and right, I initially thought I could wire these in to the power supply to the RF control unit (when the power supply is interrupted it automatically resets the stop switch) The problem with this is until the momentary switch which is compressed at this point (in its off position) is released, it will not switch power back to the motor so that the reverse power to the motor can be operated.

Is there some kind of switch or relay that once activated, would momentarily cut the power to the RF unit just long enough to activate the stop switch, almost like a pulse, but the immediately restore the power?

I hope I have explained this so that it can be understood!

Thanks, Stu

Just has a thought, if I replaced the momentary on/off switches with momentary on/on switches but wire the Rf controller power supply to both contacts on the switch. Wouldn't this in effect be switching the power off temporarily as it switches from on to on?

The circuit below is for a timed OPEN/CLOSE hen house door.

It might give you an idea for adapting it to your sliding screen TV cover.

View attachment 69313

<EDIT> Are JPEGs not being posted??

Last edited:
Yes. JPEG of circuit is (so the site claims) loading up, but it's not displaying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back