Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with JDM and IC-Prog on WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

j8m8l

Hi.

I have built 2 JDM PIC programmers to program some 16F84a's and 12C508's.

The programmers all look correct, but I continue to get a "Failed to verify at 000h" when I try to program the chip. When read with the JDM, the chip appears to be blank (3FFF).

I have tried both changing the compatibility to Win2000 and Win98, and installing the driver, And using Totalio, with no luck (in some cases I get the error, in others it just crashes my computer.

I have also run it on a Win2000 box with the same error message.

I am gonna try it on a Win95 and Win98 box today, and will post if it all works.

If it does not, can anyone reccomend a good WinXP programmer (that will work with 16F84a's and 12c508's).

Thanks
Josh.

Disable the "Verify After Programming"

- Goto 'Setting - Option - Programming'
- Disable the "verify after programming"
that is all...

The problem introduces "Failed to verify at 000h" is the activation of the above setting and it ic-prog wont download the program to your PIC. Thus, you would read 3FFF. Does matter what OS you using....

Disabling "Verify" doesn't mean that the PIC will work. It will stop user from warning. That what it will do.

Hi! I have built this programmer: https://www.olimex.com/dev/pic-pg1.html .
And it isn't work. when the program(icprog, ponyprog) verify the data i get the following error: Verifiy failed at address 000h! (icprog), Write failed! (ponyprog).
picprog: Unable to clear RTS/DTR on tty /dev/ttyS0:Input/output error
I have checked the circuit 4 times. I tried under winxp, win98 and under linux (debian sid).
I have tried it in 3 different computers (p1 (win98),p2(winxp, win98), athlon 1,3(winxp,linux).
I want to program pic16f84a-20/p.
And i have also tried with ludipipo programmer, with external power supply:
pip-02.exe doesn't work -> icprog, ponyprog, picprog
errors: same
I'm very upset now. :cry:
Any idea?

"Veryfying" problem...

Reply to kinjalgp,
I disable that function most of the time...and the 16F84A can work. i know this setting cause the problem occur.

j8m8l said:
Hi.

I have built 2 JDM PIC programmers to program some 16F84a's and 12C508's.

The programmers all look correct, but I continue to get a "Failed to verify at 000h" when I try to program the chip. When read with the JDM, the chip appears to be blank (3FFF).

I have tried both changing the compatibility to Win2000 and Win98, and installing the driver, And using Totalio, with no luck (in some cases I get the error, in others it just crashes my computer.

I have also run it on a Win2000 box with the same error message.

I am gonna try it on a Win95 and Win98 box today, and will post if it all works.

If it does not, can anyone reccomend a good WinXP programmer (that will work with 16F84a's and 12c508's).

Thanks
Josh.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that some puters don't put out enough voltage on their RS232's for the PIC's to program. Maybe someone wiser could confirm or deny this.
Mark K.

Yes Mark K. you are correct. Not all serial ports operate at 12V. When loaded the voltage drops to 8 or below and thats not sufficient to program PICs.

kinjalgp said:
Yes Mark K. you are correct. Not all serial ports operate at 12V. When loaded the voltage drops to 8 or below and thats not sufficient to program PICs.

...which makes me think about fitting a programmer to a part of the computer which does have that voltage available (I think) , like one of the bays, and route the 232 internally.
A programmer which fits one of the bays, hmmmm.....
Mark K.

jdm & xp

i've found you need to run a small prog called 'userport.exe' on xp otherwise the programmer can't access the serial ports directly.

hope this helps.

i have also made many programmers and faced that "0000h" nightmare and 3fff kick!but i when i was thinking that something was wrong with my computer and my ports i bought a jdm programmer and it work wonderful!
hope everyone can solve the problems

re:- jmd programmer

hi again.i built my programmer from http://www.doonee.com/m3p/m3p-main.html

it cost me peanuts to build. so if you're into making your own pcb's, i think this is the one for you. it has all pcb diagrams and parts layout. the pcb pattern is none too good on it. i have enhanced pcb pattern if anyone wants it!

I've build the same PIC controller as kevinssmith (two post above) and could program the 12F629 and 12F675 in the begining. BUT now I constantly get the 0000h error message and this is driving me nuts.

I have no idea why this error occurs especially because I could program PICs in the beginning with no problems at all. Then sometimes the error occurs and now it's not possible anymore to program any PIC or at least the 12F629 and 12F675.

If someone has an explenation or some suggestions it would be really appriciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back