Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help With IC Identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmn_tech

Hi.

I remember a few years ago there was a series of ic's to record and play back sound.I believe these chips are now obsolete. I have aquired a load of boards that contain both a PIC and one of these chips. They are from security alarm auto dialers. I can't for the life of me rember the chip numbers of the recording chip and the ones on the board have had their identification marks removed. If anyone can remember the ic numbers of the chip series I would be able to get the data sheet. They are 28pin chips I have posted a picture of the chip in situ. Any help on remembering the ic numbers would be apreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG00006-20111007-1252.jpg
    IMG00006-20111007-1252.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 124
hi,
Some types.
ISD2532
ISD1100
ISD1400
ISD1810
ISD2560

Attachments

• ISD2532P.pdf
    472.6 KB · Views: 158
Thanks Eric.

I will do some experimentation. I just need to use a couple for a halloween fun idea. I think the chips I suspect they may be were TDA, TBA srarting numbers however I will experiment onward I have quite a few to play with and the same amount of PIC16F818's.
the small ic on the board.

Last edited:
Some additional resources:

Holtek makes some voice record/playback µCs and several sound effect chips.
**broken link removed**

Many of the kit vendors sell Chinese COB voice record/playback modules. Here's one U.S. supplier that has many.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back