Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

payretep

Hi all,

I would like to build a battery charger that shuts off when the battery is fully charged. I have a 3.6v, 300mAh battery that I want to be charged without me having to check if it is charged completely. I'd also like to have a bicolor LED that is red when the battery isn't fully charged and when it is, the LED is green. Could anybody send me a simple schematic for me to build?

Thanks alot~ :D

payretep said:
Hi all,

I would like to build a battery charger that shuts off when the battery is fully charged. I have a 3.6v, 300mAh battery that I want to be charged without me having to check if it is charged completely. I'd also like to have a bicolor LED that is red when the battery isn't fully charged and when it is, the LED is green. Could anybody send me a simple schematic for me to build?

There's no 'simple' way to do this, probably the easiest way is to use an IC specifically designed for the purpose - but even then they use quite a few external components. Maxim make various chips for battery chargers.

If you want a simple way though, simply trickle charge the battery, you can then leave it permanently on charge without damage to the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back