Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Band-Pass-Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger_NO

Hi,

Im currently trying to design a bandpass filter for a microphone.
I have downloaded TI's FilterPro app, but after building the circuit the result was bad. There is no output and i have gone over the wiring to check if it is correct.

I am testing the filter with a signal generator wit the current output; 50ohm, 500mv p-p.

I am supplying the opamps with 5VDC.

Thanks.

PS. I am pretty new at filter design.

Attachments

• Filter-Design.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 165
hey, the only thing i can think of is that you have probably made a wiring mistake, check again thoroughly.If you have soldered the circuit, check for bad soldering connections..

most opamps require a +voltage and a -voltage to work correctly. check if that is fine...

all the best,
deepak

The 5v supply may be a bit low for your op-amp, but the main problem is that you are using a uni-polar supply (0v and 5v).
With that circuit configuration you need a bipolar supply (-5v 0v +5v), connect the 0v of the supply to the common 0v line of the circuit, (where the op-amp non-inverting inputs are connected), then connect the supply -5v to the op-amp -ve connections and the +5v to the op-amp +ve connections.

JimB

Hello,
1. As per the design seed value of R1 is 10 K. But you have used 4.7 K.
Any rason ?
2. How did you get the Value of R3 = 220 ??

3. How are you testing it ?
This being a narrow band - band pass filter are you testing with a sweep input ??

May be it's a testing problem

GKM

As designed by FilterPro, the opamps expect split supplies. If you are running it on a single 5V supply, it will not work. You can offset the non-inverting inputs to a well bypassed midpoint on a voltage divider tied between Vdd and ground, and then capacitively couple the input signal into the first stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back