Help with automated DC motor lift by computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishin_fl

Help to all, I am building a desk and am needing help with a circuit. I have designed and built a motor lift using a 90v DC motor and controller. I am using a DPDT switch right now to make the motor go up and down. In that motion I have a switch and either end to stop the motor so it does not crash. I have trying to figure out how I can run this motion at startup of my computer. I was thinking of using power from my powers supply to initiate a relay. Maybe using an LED tab on my board which is 3.3v. I would like to activate it and send the motor up to the top limit switch. Upon shutting down I would like it to go down. I think a changeover relay will work? I just am confused in wiring it. I guess my other concern is if I reset computer I do not want the screens to go down immediately when that led off board opens. So, I dont know if I would need a timer for the down motion. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:
Help to all, I am building a desk and am needing help with a circuit.

Was confused from the first sentence.

I think a changeover relay will work?

Why not sub DPDT relay in place if your DPDT switch? You can use a opto iso connected to a parallel port ( if you have one ) which activates the relay. If you don't have a parallel port, then that sucks.

Last edited:
I have build a desk. I wanted to have my 3 monitors disappear behind desk to where the kids could not damage the screens. SO i created a lift that would motor behind. Building went fine... I manual use the DPDT to operate though. Just thought it would be cool to automate on the power up of computer and shutdown. This has become a project and hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…