Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with automated DC motor lift by computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishin_fl

Help to all, I am building a desk and am needing help with a circuit. I have designed and built a motor lift using a 90v DC motor and controller. I am using a DPDT switch right now to make the motor go up and down. In that motion I have a switch and either end to stop the motor so it does not crash. I have trying to figure out how I can run this motion at startup of my computer. I was thinking of using power from my powers supply to initiate a relay. Maybe using an LED tab on my board which is 3.3v. I would like to activate it and send the motor up to the top limit switch. Upon shutting down I would like it to go down. I think a changeover relay will work? I just am confused in wiring it. I guess my other concern is if I reset computer I do not want the screens to go down immediately when that led off board opens. So, I dont know if I would need a timer for the down motion. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:
Help to all, I am building a desk and am needing help with a circuit.

Was confused from the first sentence.

I think a changeover relay will work?

Why not sub DPDT relay in place if your DPDT switch? You can use a opto iso connected to a parallel port ( if you have one ) which activates the relay. If you don't have a parallel port, then that sucks.

Last edited:
I have build a desk. I wanted to have my 3 monitors disappear behind desk to where the kids could not damage the screens. SO i created a lift that would motor behind. Building went fine... I manual use the DPDT to operate though. Just thought it would be cool to automate on the power up of computer and shutdown. This has become a project and hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back