Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with Adjustment of Mitsubishi Proj. TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDave

I have an old Mitsubishi Vs-4001 R . rear projection (1990) TV.
it still has a fair picture on it but could stand focus and convergence touch up.
I don't have the service manual so I have no clue how to access the service control panel.
If anyone could help or has a copy of the service manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

usually on these older mitsubishi projection TVs you remove the grill cloth and behind you will find a panel with screws, remove the screws and carefully pull out the panel, it will have the convergence adjustment PCB mounted to the other side, you will see multiple trim pots for making all the different adjustments to your red green and blue convergence, aswell as a few other adjustments.If you are lucky you can look in the TV where you just pulled out the convergence adjustment board and may see the focus block where you will be able to adjust screen and focus, if not you will find it by removing the back and following the focus wire from the LOPT/FBT to the focus block, you can also make crude focus adjustments right at the lense of each CRT by loosening the wing nuts and rotating the lense back and forth untill you get the best point.Hope this helps.Let me know if you need more info, I have done lot's of work on the projection style TVs

Thanks for all the info_On the base of the TV it has 2 larger grills on each side and one small one about 12 inches square under the user control panel. Would that 12 inch grill be the one? How do you remove it? Thanks again for your help.

Usually these grills, "pop off" , grab the side ones first and pop them off by applying pressure to the sides pulling them away from the TV, then remove the one under the control panel, behind them you will find the panel to open and get to the convergence board.....also if you can upload a picture of the front of the TV I can tell you for sure the disassembly..

Sorry I don't have a picture.Maybe I can take one this weekend and up load it.
I know a picture is worth a 1000 words. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back