Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a simple battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirewolf

I'm trying to reconstruct this battery charger. It's a two voltage output, 6v or 12v. I have just a portion of the diagram. I'm just not sure where some of the components go. I have a diagram in image form (gif, jpg, and png). I attached a png image for anyone in this forum to review. I have searched all over the net, and looked at hundreds of charger circuits to no avail, when I happened to find this forum. I'm have no expertise in this area and was hoping that one of you experts could help. If the image is not clear enough, I can send another. I'm trying to keep down the file and image size.
Thank you in advance.
John

Attachments

• Project1.png
    Project1.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 535
I don't think you need the switch or capacitor. The 5K pot is too high a resistance to drive the 2N3055 base, so I added a transistor in a Darlington circuit.

Attachments

• BATCHGR.jpg
    BATCHGR.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 396
Russlk,
I appreciate your answer, but you've lost me a little bit as to what goes where. Would it be possible for you to draw out your diagram combined with mine to give the edited or new diagram. I looked up the darlington circuit on the net and as I understand it means that the charger would read the batery voltages automatically. Could I leave the ammeter and voltmeter in the circuit? As I said, this is all new to me.
Thank you, John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back