Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with a capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcsbass

Hello, I've been working on getting a old directional bar. Old style bulbs,converted to LED's. Thread is Converting Light Bar, by dcsbass.( ) Have Worked out resistors with you all help and especially Mr Sceadwian. But it was suggest to add a capacitor! A small one, maybe 10uf electrolytic, just to buffer the power a little and suck up small surges! To buffer the power from noise and mute short voltage spikes.
I would like any info to figure it out (cap size), or give me formula to do it.
I've been reading the beginner sections. But have not found it yet.
Please I need Help :eek:
Thank You very Much

100u for transient suppression? 100u will actually hold the LED power up for a few ms's

Last edited:
Just put 100u across the power rails

I don't have any rails. inside the directional bar. Just One 12v supply wire and eight wires to ground for led's (or rather the old bulb socket). Have to run one wire to ground, for Cap.
Can you please how you come up with this figure?:eek:

Thank You Very Much

One more thing dcbass. You're doing 2 leds now. How many pairs of 2 leds are you doing?

Mr Sceadwian, Still a total of eight LEDs. 4 sets of two. The board is set up for power to two . Then jump to next board with two, etc.This is not great but the Idea. The diagram below.---Wire,= Board, SC is Socket, R is resistor

--12v---SC=SC---SC=SC---SC=SC---SC=SC Now

--12v --R-- SC=SC
--12v-----------R--SC=SC
--12v----------------------R--SC=SC
--12v---------------------------------R--SC=SC Will be! All four power lines will come from one led,with cap to GRND.
A ground comes of ever SC, to a control head for it to ground.This how it creates patterns.:eek:

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back